Friday, August 15, 2014

GNC Total Lean Shake BURN



I recently got invited to try a new product called GNC Total Lean Shake BURN courtesy of GNC and Crowdtap. If you know me you know I don't hit the gym much, but really enjoy running and doing in-home workouts. Recently in my weight loss journey I've hit a plateau so I was happy to mix it up a bit and try something new.

I've never tried to boost my workouts with protein powder but, I'm willing to try it to get to my goal. According to the GNC Protein Number (88) I should be consuming 88g of protein daily. If you'd like to calculate your protein number you can find the GNC calculator here: GNC Protein Calculator  I should also mention that when you do find your protein number you can also receive a $10 off select GNC proteins coupon if you give them your email address.

I am supposed to consume 88 grams of protein daily to continue my weight loss

OK, enough of that and onto the results. I was hesitant when I received it that it would actually taste anything like "Chocolate Fudge", and more like chalk. However, I didn't think it was bad. It reminded me a lot of the powdered NesQuick as a kid... but mixed in water; instead of milk. Had I mixed it into milk I think I would've loved it.

I tried to mix it in a clear glass to show what it looked like mixed, unfortunately I only had a green glass
When you 1st try it, if you are new to it only do half a recommended serving until you know how your body will react. It took me a couple days to get comfortable with upping the serving. The first gave me crazy amounts of energy, but I was almost a little dizzy or spacey so I was afraid to go for a run with my head buzzing. The next day it wasn't nearly as bad. By the 4th day I felt completely comfortable and didn't really notice anything but the insane amount of energy I had. On day 5 I upped the ante and went up to a full dosage strength.

I will say, that I'm glad I didn't stop after that first day. I had continued my workout regimen but hit a plateau at 149 pounds. I attribute the weight that I've lost in the last few weeks to the change-up in my protein intake since starting GNC Lean Shake BURN. I'm now down to 140 so I've lost 9 pounds which puts me so much closer to my target of 130# I can almost taste it. The GNC Lean Shake BURN is really great a curbing my appetite so I'm not finding myself craving donuts or wanting to eat anything I can find.

My husband has been trying it with me as well. He says he can feel the difference and we both have noticed he's lost some pounds but he hasn't been keeping track like I have so I can't officially report his progress. All-in-all I found it to be a good product that I plan to keep up with. Once I hit my target goal I think I'll use it to maintain my target weight, or even see if I could go just a bit lower. I'm not sure if I'll try any of the other flavors since I'm happy with the chocolate fudge, but I know I'll find myself buying the "to go" bottles.


No comments:

Post a Comment